March 13, 2020:
For the safety of our community, Belle Plaine Public Library is taking the following measures to help prevent the spread of Covid-19:
1. Removing toys from the children’s area.
2. Removing some seating to promote Social Distancing.
3. Increasing our already diligent cleaning strategies. This does include wiping down all items that are returned to the library before reshelving them.
4. Continuing to checkout items, but patrons are encouraged to locate items and not linger for extended periods of time.
5. Waiving overdue fines for items currently out and any checked out for the foreseeable future. This way patrons do not have to worry about returning items on time if they or immediate family are sick.
6. Cancelling programs until further notice to promote Social Distancing.
A few reminders that may be helpful:
– Our Wifi access is on and always accessible outside the library in the parking areas.
-You are able to browse our online catalog and place items on hold that way or you may call the library directly for us to pull them for you and have ready at the desk.
We will be continuing to monitor if any further actions are needed and if the schools close the library will be closed as well.