The Belle Plaine City Council has approved the Comprehensive Plan. You can access the plan through their website, www.bpks.org, though a PDF at the very bottom of the home page. We also have a copy here at the library for the public to read on-site.
Join us this month for a few fun special events and our monthly events too! Call 488-3431 with questions.
Lego Club: Every Thursday from 3:30-4:30pm (Open to school aged kids, under 5 years must have an adult present)
Unwind and Color: January 12th and 26th, 7:00pm (Adult coloring event to relax, chat, and color together. Bring your supplies or use ours)
Novels @ Night Book Club: Monday January 9th, 7:00pm
TEEN Movie Night: Saturday January 14th, 7:00pm (Teens and young adults age 13+. Movie and popcorn are free. Visit this link to see movie title: https://belleplaine.scklslibrary.info/event/teen-movie-night/?instance_id=1567)
Fiction Addiction Book Club: Wednesday January 18th, 2:00pm
Family Craft Night: Friday January 27th, 6:30-7:30pm (Families are invited to come create a craft with us anytime during the hour.)
Pinterest Craft Night: Tuesday January 31st, 7:00pm (Adult craft night. Registration is required and a $5.00 donation is suggested. Registration link here: https://belleplaine.scklslibrary.info/event/pinterest-craft-night-2/?instance_id=1566 )
We are ready for a fun summer!
The 2016 summer reading theme is On Your Mark, Get Set, READ! We will have activities covering games, staying active, healthy living, outdoor activities and more! Join us each Wednesday in June and July at 10:00 am for activities and presentations that won’t disappoint. We have a few outside presenters coming this year and we are very excited! All youth (preschool through middle school) should find something to enjoy at these activities. Two adult events are listed below and teen events will be announced soon. These events are for all adults and teens, you don’t have to be participating in the summer reading program to attend!
Reading logs will be available to track minutes read for youth, and there will be small incentives for each 100 minutes read. Teens and adults will track hours read. Each age level (youth, teen, adult) will have the chance to enter to win a grand prize. The more you read, the more chances you will have of winning!
See the attached Calendar for all dates and activities!
!!2016 Reading Challenge Details!!
The challenge is to read one book a month, picking them according to this list! You are free to try for them all if you wish as well!
1. Print off a copy of this photo or come to the library to pick one up.
2. Write your book titles/authors on the back of the sheet with the number they correspond to.
3. Try to check out any books you don’t already own from us at the Belle Plaine Public Library. Don’t forget we can order books through Inter-Library Loan if we don’t have it on our shelves.
4. Participate in our monthly posts here on Facebook to see what everyone is reading for the month, we look forward to hearing about all the books everyone chooses!
5. In June and December we will post for you to bring in your sheet showing what you have read and you will be entered for a drawing to win a free book!
Here is a list of all of our materials and resources! Contact us if you are curious about anything else!
– Large Print
– Audio Books (CD’s and Playaways)
– Kansas and local
– Cake pans
– Free wireless internet for mobile devices
– Ability to print in color (25 cents/page) or black/white (10 cents/page)
– Ability to copy in black/white (10 cents/page)
– Microfilm of the Belle Plaine News back to the 1800’s
-Online databases for research, work, and more
– Tables for studying, working or meetings
– Ability to reserve a table for a public group to meet
– Events and activities for adults and kids!
Visit our library catalog and log-in with you library card number to search our collection, request items, renew items you have checked out and update other information about your account. Stop into the library if you would like a hands on demonstration and we would be happy to help!